Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2000 21:12:04 -0600
From:      Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
To:        ROsteen <rosteen@elpn.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: unix doskey type program

On Sat, Jan 22, 2000, ROsteen wrote:
> Can anyone tell me the name of a program that will allow me to recall
> past commands like an up arrow or something?

   First of all, shouldn't you be posting this in
freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org?  This question has absolutely
nothing to FreeBSD networking.

   Secondly, you want to use your shell's history editing.  If
you want the up-arrow/down-arrow business, do this:

     cd /usr/ports/shells/bash
     make install

   as this shell by default has that functionality.  Another
shell, pdksh, under /usr/ports/shells/pdksh, can do this
optionally with the ``set -o gmacs'' command.

--