Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 2000 02:05:31 -0500
From:      "Booo Bo" <bradley_watts@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   'glibc_inst.tar' Needed To Make Star Office ??

howdy,

I'm running FreeBSD 4.2 and have installed linux_base.tar. Following this I
attempted to make star office I receive an error promting me to install
glibc_inst.tar (below):

any ideas where I can get this library, I can't seem to find it anywhere..

30140362600# make
===>   staroffice-5.2 depends on file: /compat/linux/lib/libc.so.6 - found
===>  Extracting for staroffice-5.2
>>Checksum OK for staroffice52/soa-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin.
>>Checksum OK for staroffice52/so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin.

ERROR: setup system check failed:

        libc.so.6   library not found

StarOffice 5.0 uses the new glibc2 (=libc6).
The libraries above could not be found.

The glibc_inst.tar package includes a README file which describes
how to install these libraries. It will be made available on the
StarDivision
ftp mirror sites in the same directory as the StarOffice installation files.

You can try to run setup (and StarOffice) anyway. If it does
not work or you experience strange crashes or get unresolved symbol errors
we recommend installing the glibc_inst.tar package.

Do you want to proceed anyway ? <y/n>