Date:      Mon, 05 Feb 2001 12:27:24 +0000
From:      Pete French <pfrench@firstcallgroup.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, robert@chalmers.com.au
Subject:   Re: uh oh - after 4 -> 4.2 cvsup, no keyboard. any ideas?

> where I can interrupt the boot. At that state - pre-boot I suppose - I have
> keyboard. If I then do the full boot, I have no keyboard. A mouse sure? but
> a dead keyboard. Now this is pretty useless :-)

I suspect its your keyboard. I went throughn this a week or so ago,
and spent ages balming the bios, themotherboard etc.. (and, through
various ther problems ended up buying two coompletely new computers
in fact). It turned out to be the keyboard. In my case an Acer. Viglen's
seem to work fine however, as do DEC VT520 ones (which I now have two of on
order)

-pete.