Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 12:41:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>
Cc:        jmutter@netwalk.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mindcruft ...

:> Well, someone asked this a few days ago and the general response was
:> that Mindcraft's reputation was rather tainted at the moment.  It
:> would be nice though to see a test, formal or informal, of FreeBSD
:> 3.X, Linux (Whatever is the latest stable kernel), and NT 4.0 all
:> tuned by a professional on the same hardware, same situation, etc...
:> Generally, a fair test on a level playing field.
:
:I definitely agree. All that URL did was talk about Linux, linux, linux.
:Linux this and Linux that ... I'm quite sure that FreeBSD could hold its own
:against Linux on the same hardware. It would sure be cool to be able to
:steal some of the PR on this. And, if by some chance, we didn't score as
:well as we needed to, we could use that as constructive criticism and go
:work on those areas (since we seem to have the goal to be the "server of
:choice" and this benchmark was server stuff ... not how well Office clones
:or WindowMaker work to take over world domination from M$).
:
Anyone out there with the hardware and software to make something like
this happen?  Even informally, I'd like to know, I'm sure others would
too.