Date:      Sat, 30 Jul 2005 08:52:54 -0600
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD - Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Using a hard drive without partitions

On Jul 30, 2005, at 2:26 AM, Nikolas Britton wrote:

> What are the ramifications, good or bad, of not using partitions on a
> FreeBSD disk?.

My understanding is that if you use partitions in a standard way,
other operating systems that may be or in the future be on the system
in question will not wipe out your FreeBSD installation on the
"dangerously dedicated" disk.  There is nothing inherent wrong with
DD but it is more dangerous if other OSes may be involved.  I have
used both sorts of layouts and have never had any problems, yet
again, my computers were servers that would never have another OS
anywhere near them...

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC