Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2001 21:23:04 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        netch@lucky.net
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Correct" permissions on /var/mail?

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 20:56:06 +0300, Valentin Nechayev wrote:

> If you insist that bugtraq is The Only Right Place to discuss some
> questions, I can only shrug.

No.  Someone else posted the Bugtraq reference.  The point isn't where
it was discussed.  The point is that this has been discussed many times
before on many mailing lists and nothing new has been said on the
subject for a while.

> I don't think it is "interesting". It's not "interesting" for me.
> It's _pity_ and shows whole Unix ugliness. But "we're to live _here_".

Now look at it from the perspective of folks who've watched this topic
over and over again and think about whether it's really too much to ask
for folks to whom this is new to go and do a little reading in mailing
list archives.

Ciao,
Sheldon.