Date:      23 Mar 2001 08:54:40 EST
From:      "Mark Sergeant" <mark.sergeant@snsonline.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Kernel compilation error.

I am trying to compile into my custom kernel sound support for my css audio
chip. I have had no luck though using the suggested lint setting of...

device	       css0    at isa? port 0x534 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x08

And this fails when it gets to compiling the css options. If I remove this I
can compile fine.

 uname -a output is...

FreeBSD xyzzy.intranet.snsonline.net 4.3-RC FreeBSD 4.3-RC #19: Fri Mar 23
23:14:19 EST 2001

And the relevant (I think) dmesg listing for the sound device is...

pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x8086, dev=0x7195) at 0.1 irq 5
pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x8086, dev=0x7196) at 0.2 irq 5

I know this says pci but using pcm / csa doesn't work either. I am running this
on a sharp PC AX 20 notebook.

cheers,

Mark

--
The rule on staying alive as a forcaster is to give 'em a number or
give 'em a date, but never give 'em both at once.