Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2001 14:31:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      "[gill]" <gill@topsecret.net>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
Cc:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Traffic Logging

Well, if you are pretty sure that it is one offender you might easily see
who with ntop (in the ports/net/) and you might use iplog to log
everything.  A combination of the two might be just the ticket.

--gill

--
This is my ~/.signature file.
It is the digital equivalent of a bumpersticker.

Remember?  When you said:

->Hi,
->I setup a FreeBSd gateway using ppp on a dedicated leased line for one of my clients. I need to catch a culprit who (ab)uses
->the link by clogging it with data. This culprit makes the link respond so slowly and on the radius accounting at our NAS server
->I found that upto 2GB of traffic pass through that gw in a month. I do not do that much traffic even on my 128K uplink.
->The network has some 20-something PCs all running Windows.
->
->I'm looking for suggestions that will help me account for all traffice in/out of every host on that network so that at the
->end of the month I can get a report that hostx sent/rcvd this much of data, hostY so much and hostZ so much.
->
->If there is an easy way i'd love it but also if there is some harder way I'll also wanna hear about it.
->
->Thanking you in advance.
->
->-Wash
->
->--
->Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
->wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza
->Tel: 254 11 222604   Nkrumah Rd.,
->Fax: 254 11 222636   PO Box 83613 MOMBASA, KE.
->
->A tart temper never mellows with age; and a sharp tongue is the only edged
->tool that grows keener with constant use.
->