Date:      Sat, 09 Apr 2005 01:48:40 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        fadeaway@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: segfaults when building world

fadeaway@gmail.com wrote:
[ ... ]
> One thing to note, when I buildworld it will exit at different points.
> I also confirmed this with doing `time make buildworld`, the time
> changes with each attempt as well.

If the compile were to fail in the same place, every time, there would be a
chance that it might be a problem with the source code.

However, if the compile fails in different places-- which is your case--
that's almost certainly a hardware problem such as your system overheating
under load, a marginal power supply, or bad RAM.  Check your CPU fan and other
cooling, and try running memtest.org's checker overnight and see what that
gives....

--
-Chuck