Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 1996 12:43:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, imb@scgt.oz.au, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2842 and the disappearing file-system :-(

> >I think EISA probing ought to be limited to EISA bus machines.  Call
> >me strange.  8-).
>
> I think that using anything other than eisaconf for devices that
> look and behave like EISA devices is a waste of code and a cludge.
> Forcing the 2842 to use our ISA registration routines is certainly
> not a better alternative.

What about adding a VLB registration phase?

There needs to be a disctinction between need for bounce buffers
anyway... You call the VLB probe if the EISA tag isn't present.

This unkludges a lot of things, including the things that are
kludged by the EISA ID check on non-EISA boxes.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.