Date:      Tue, 02 Jan 1996 18:30:39 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        rb@gid.co.uk (Bob Bishop)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: X for install

: Let's say there are two sorts of people in the world: A) need a real simple
: installation route (or else they need too much support), B) will get by
: just fine with a shell prompt and the odd script.

Sure we can live with it.  I didn't say that.

However, it would be nice to have an X install/configuration/upgrade
thing that would make the process of installing on my system here that
has X running nicer.  It would be nicer because you can typically put
more information on the screen than under a texted based install tool.

It is one of those projects that should be "if someone wants to do it
and donate it" rather than "we gotta get a core member working on it."
If what Jordan says is true about the scripting language, it shouldn't
be that hard to do once someone gets the time.  Maybe afer the current
on the side contract expires I'll have time.

Warner