Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2002 10:48:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tim Treaster <byteware@tcsn.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   /dev files missing

FreeBSD 4.5 production server won't boot. It lloks like I'm missing several /dev =
files for my drives - Example;  /dev/ad0s1a=20
=20
I can see the fstab and it looks ok. I can't add a device because I'm mounted re=
adonly and can't change to RW.=20
=20
I'm not sure if it will work - I'm trying this:=20
=20
	mount_mfs -T fd1440 none /mnt=20
	cd /mnt=20
	sh /dev/MAKEDEV foo=20
	mount -u -o rw /mnt/foo /=20
	cd /dev=20
	sh /dev/MAKEDEV foo=20
=20
However, mount_mfs gives the error: "fd1440 unknown disk type"=20
=20
I have no clue how to proceed.=20
=20
It's important I not loose any data in this process.=20
=20