Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 13:06:01 -0500
From:      Peeter Pirn <peeter@rhubarb.fwi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cannot `cvs co' from cvsup-ed repository

I am having trouble running

cvs co -r RELENG_4 world

from the FreeBSD repository I have cvsup-ed to my machine. My cvsup
config file is:

*default host=cvsup9.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default prefix=/usr/home/cvsup
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default umask=007
*default compress
src-all

I run cvsup from cron and it appears to work fine.

The group owner of the cvsup repository is `cvsup'. I am also a member
of the group `cvsup', which gives me permission to check out from the
repository.

However, when I run `cvs co', the command runs, the hard disk gets
very busy, but nothing appears to stdout or stderr and no checked
out files are written!

I have another local CVS repository on my system. Checkouts
from this repository still work normally.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

--
Peeter Pirn - peeter@rhubarb.fwi.com