Date:      Sat, 31 Oct 1998 22:30:25 -0500
From:      Bob Badaracco <rjb@typeline.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Linking to Linux shared Lib's

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how far I can go with the Linux emulation.
I need to write and compile a program that links in Linux shared
libraries but have never done this before. The libraries are from a
Linux version of a popular database. They contain the calls I need
to access the db from my client program running on a freebsd machine.

I've read most of the docs concerning Linux emulation, but they seem
to deal with running just the binaries. What do I need to do to use
these libraries at runtime?