Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:37:45 +0100
From:      Michal Mertl <michal.mertl@i.cz>
To:        David Landgren <david@landgren.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone running Trend Micro IWSS in linux-compat mode?

> David Landgren wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I'm running a squid proxy on FreeBSD. The big problem today is web-borne
> viruses, spyware and other crap. The general feeling on the Squid users
> mailing list is that Trend Micro's InterScan Web Security Suite product
> is the way to go.
>
> Having looked at the various incomplete, non-functional free offerings,
> I have no problem going with a commercial product. The trouble is, they
> only offer it on Windows, Linux and Solaris.

I like apache + mod_clamav. Unfortunately from reading Apache changelogs
I decided to go with 2.1-alpha and had to modify mod_clamav to fit
there. I sent my modifications to mod_clamav author who said he'll
probably incorporate most of it in the next release. They were pretty
big and in addition to making mod_clamav work with 2.1 they fixed some
real bugs (and probably added some).

I can send you what I have.

Michal Mertl