Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:29:06 +0100
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
Cc:        Nader Turki <nturki@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linprocfs

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 05:01:40PM -0600, Andrew Hesford wrote:
> Doesn't linprocfs have to be in the kernel, for instance with the line:
>
> options     LINPROCFS
>
> I'm just guessing, I've never used the linux proc fs.

I'm using the linprocfs.ko kernel module, so it doesn't necessarily need
to be compiled in the kernel. AFAIK it's loaded automatically when
mounting linprocfs.

Be aware when you have an older version of FreeBSD - linprocfs was for
a while only supported by an unofficial port (it was during 4.0-STABLE).

Karel.

--
NOTE: From Friday 23rd March, 17:00 to Sunday 25th this email address might
be unreachable due to network rearrangements. You might want to use