Date:      Fri, 07 Jun 2002 10:50:50 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple USB Devices

Odhiambo Washington wrote:

 > Does anyone know of the most convenient way to connect 10 USB
 > devices to a PC all at the same time? Some adapter to take
 > multiple devices?? My PC has just 2 USB ports but I have 10
 > devices!!!

For starters, you need a hub and that will probably get you over a
power problem that you won't know about. The hubs provide more power
than you cat get from the pc. Most mobo's come with additional
connections as options. That will add up to more than 10 with the hubs.

A UBS-2 card is a 5-usb port hub. Last time I tried it, we don't have
USB-2 but it is coming. You can't use a version 1.1 hub on a version 2
port.

kent

--
Kent Stewart