Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 21:15:17 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
To:        Peter Schwenk <schwenk@voicenet.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, questions freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: Fw: Your Article "Freeware: The Heart & Soul of the  Internet"

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Peter Schwenk wrote:

> Just as a data point... I thought it was a good start that I saw copies of
> "The Complete FreeBSD, 2nd Ed." with the CDs and all in a large chain
> bookstore, Borders Books and Music.  Now, if it spreads to the book
> sections of large computer stores, like I've seen Linux do, we'll be
> getting somewhere.

<snip>

On seeing this post I immediately called Borders here in Austin,
and they have *sold out*. I previously posted to the doc list
that Barnes and Noble and Bookstop have it in their catalog but none
on the shelf.

If you are going to buy this, *buy it from any of these three*!!
And, do as I have, pester other retailers.

Borders has 4 on order. I plan to get mine there. Ordering from WC
is fine, but we must support the retail effort. I have also called
my hardware vendor and volunteered to help get anyone interested in
Unix started. They do get inquiries and do make sales but offer no
support. They seemed very pleased for the offer and will gladly make
referrals.

Its a start.

John