Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 15:43:54 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Clare & Peter Stubbs <clarenpete@sol.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: the /stand directory after a make world

nik@iii.co.uk wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 13, 1998 at 08:44:15PM +0000, Clare & Peter Stubbs wrote:
> > I've just cvsup'd the latest sourced to 2_2_releng from
> > cvsup.uk.freebsd.org and done a make world. The whole compile and
> > install went fine, but the /stand directory is still straight from my
> > 2.2.5 CD. I suspect that lots of work has been done on sysinstall and
> > such in the time since 2.2.5 was released.
> >
> > How do I get /stand updated with this fine new code?
>
> Right now, I believe the only way to do this is to build a release of
> FreeBSD (you must first have done a 'make world'). Part of the process
> of building the release will create a new .../stand/ directory for you,
> and you could then copy the contents of that directory into /stand/.

You can build only sysinstall from /usr/src/release/sysinstall.
However, the executable created uses dynamic libraries, and it's
very different from the strange program that has 19 hard links in
/stand. I install the new sysinstall in /usr/sbin instead of /stand.

-- JM
Jose M. Alcaide                         | mailto:jose@we.lc.ehu.es
Universidad del Pais Vasco              | http://www.we.lc.ehu.es/~jose
Dpto. de Electricidad y Electronica     |
Facultad de Ciencias - Campus de Lejona | Tel.:  +34-4-4647700 x2624
48940 Lejona (Vizcaya) - SPAIN          | Fax:   +34-4-4858139