Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:26:16 -0500
From:      "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>
To:        Marc Hunter <hunter@hunter.net>, Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
Cc:        wolf <mjoyner2@hq.dyns.cx>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipfw and natd during internal to internal access ...

At 04:46 PM 10.10.2002 -0700, Marc Hunter wrote:
>At 05:20 PM 10/10/02 -0600, Nick Rogness wrote:
>>         That is an HTML coding problem.  You shouldn't be coding with
>>         full domain references in the HTML code.
>
>Not really, we have multiple web servers, so if a page on one server says
>"To see our demo click <a href=http://blah.otherserver.com/demo>here</a>"
>we need the link to work whether someone clicked on it from within the
>network or from without...
>
>>         Yes, you could do this but it's not necessary and it's very ugly.
>>         Run an internal nameserver!!  It's just that easy ;-P
>
>Well, I guess I'll have to hit the books then :>  Thanks for your help...
>
>Marc

Marc: Sounds like we have a similar setup as you do. We also have traffic
on one web server that clicks on a link that leads to others -- all on the
same network, but with different IPs that are forwarded to from the main
server with several vhosts -- links may leade from them to the "internal"
web server addresses.

Plus, we have workstations on that same network that need to be able to
just click and get the domains from the outside IP address. Let me know if
you find out an easy way to configue the nameserver. No problem doing that
to the main server. It's just the "aliases" to other machines that we have
the trouble.

I've looked at some info on internal nameservers, but don't have it figured
outyet  for our setup.

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator