Date:      Sun, 15 Mar 2009 22:20:02 GMT
From:      Gennady Kudryashoff <lothlorien@pvu.msk.ru>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re[2]: amd64/132672: ndis with rt2860.sys causes kernel panic in CURRENT-amd64

The following reply was made to PR kern/132672; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Gennady Kudryashoff <lothlorien@pvu.msk.ru>
To: Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 00:15:32 +0300

 Hello Scot,

 Sunday, March 15, 2009, 10:53:45 PM, you wrote:

 >> === [cut here] ===
 >> no match for ZwWriteFile
 >> no match for ZwCreateFile
 >> no match for ZwReadFile
 >>
 SH> This is the cause of your kernel panic.  This Windows NDIS Driver
 SH> wants 3 functions that are not currently implemented in the FreeBSD
 SH> NDIS Driver.

 I'm afraid it isn't. :(

 If it was right there is no need to write a PR. There is no panic in
 i386 version of 8-CURRENT (and 7-STABLE) with i386 drivers from the
 same archive when I make an attempt to kldload it, however, strings

 >> no match for ZwWriteFile
 >> no match for ZwCreateFile
 >> no match for ZwReadFile

 are present in console output and driver works (I can attach module).

 SH> You'll need to either look for an older Windows NDIS Driver, or
 SH> attempt to implement these missing functions.

 Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer :( From the other side, porting
 new features of ral driver from OpenBSD side (with rt2860 support)
 will be more promising here.

 --
 Best regards,
  Gennady

 Passport & Visa Dept of Moscow Police /
 Паспортно-визовое управление ГУВД г. Москвы