Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 11:28:03 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        neswold@FNAL.GOV
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Accomodating Terry

> > I'm worried about getting all of this baseline code in and then finding
> > out 3 months down the road that one of the baseline module changes I
> > made was the wrong one, but having no way to back it out or find out
> > what the previous code should have looked like without rewriting from
> > scratch.
>
> Just check out the correct "tip" from the cvs repository to overwrite your
> modifications.

But you aren't checking in the modification history for the
independetly developed code.  That's the whole point: you *can't*
'just check out the correct "tip"' because you never checked the
sucker in in the first place... 8-(.

> > Also, if you are trying to follow a set of changes, having them appear
> > full-blown in the source tree won't really help your understanding.
>
> Observe which modules were changed (the output of 'cvs update') and
> correspond with the developer.

I thought we were trying to integrate changes so that they would
not have to be seperately maintained, not to establish a channel
whereby they could be seperately maintained.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---