Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2000 04:56:32 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        George Cox <gjvc@extremis.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Nils Holland <ncptiddische@compuserve.com>, FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Automatic Mail-Filter

George Cox wrote:

> > Any ideas with which software and/or setup I can aceive this?
>
> procmail.
>
>       http://www.procmail.org
>   or cd /usr/ports/mail/procmail && make install

Funny you should say that, I was just thinking about activating procmail
for a client. Synchronicity strikes again <g>. Didn't though, since it
would mean either patching freebsd.mc or sendmail.cf. The latter is the
easier but I'd decided to be a good little boy and go the advised route,
which of course means entering unknown territory <g>. Ok, plunged and
lo and behold! I don't know but that install does some weird things. First
OpenSSL failed to install and now I've got the enter return at some locking
test. Whatever.

It's build but no config has patched. So that means either changing
to the FEATURE(local_procmail)dnl in whatever.mc or patching
sendmail.cf to something like

Mlocal,         P=/usr/local/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn9P, S=10/30,
R=20/40,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u

Mprog,          P=/bin/sh, F=lsDFMoqeu9, S=10/30, R=20/40, D=$z:/,
                T=X-Unix,
                A=sh -c $u

Anyway, the point is you still need to weave it in.

Roelof

--
Būter, brea en griene tsiis
Hwa dat net ite kin is gjin oprjochte Fries