Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 19:59:22 +0100
From:      Gilbert Fernandes <gilbert.fernandes@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [ press ] We are preparing an issue about FreeBSD 4.1.1

Hello,

I work for the french magazine called Login and we are preparing the january
issue. It will be dedicated to FreeBSD 4.1.1 : we will distribute the latest
ISO and a large part of the magazine will be dedicated to installing FreeBSD.
Since we aim some people that are novice users, we will explain them how to
use FIPS to make some spare space if they're using Windows, and then do a
step-by-step installation with screenshots of FreeBSD.

I'm actually writing the first part of and it should be finished within two
weeks. I would like to know if you are interested about it and, perhaps, talk
about it. I will send you a few courtesy copies if you wish.

Our magazine was once called Dream and dedicated to Amiga. Now, we are Login
and we work over alternative OS that is : everything except Windows. We cover
Unix, Linux, BeOS, MaOS X, QNX.. And we try to keep a "median position" view.
We do not wish to focus on one thing but just be equal vs. every system we do
write about.

The magazine is, in fact, mostly dedicated to Linux, then BeOS and the other
OS. Since I'm employed (a few monthes now) I wanted to do a Unix issue. I do
use OpenBSD myself, BeOS also and we choosed FreeBSD because it's far less
complex to install vs. other BSDs and the available native programs are huge
;-)

Perhaps I will be able to write a 1, 2 or 3 pages dedicated to BSD on every
issue (I hope).

Feel free to email me, or contact me using ICQ : 78327407
My emails being: gilbert.fernandes@wanadoo.fr and gilbertf@posse-press.com

If you wish to have a look on our site : http://login.posse-press.com/

Best regards,

--