Date:      Mon, 08 Jan 2001 09:15:04 +0100
From:      Christoph Sold <christoph.sold@server.i-clue.de>
To:        Cornet Frederic <Frederic.Cornet@cnes.fr>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: GeForce 2 MX

Cornet Frederic schrieb:
> [snip]
>
> I am running an AMD T-Bird 800MHz and my video card is a Hercule Prophet II MX. The
> processor in this card is (I think) a NVIDIA Geforce 2 MX and it seems that it is not
> supported by the xserver (not in the list). The freeBSD version used is 4.2.
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?

- Have a look at www.xfree86.org to learn which graphics cards are
supported, which are under development, and which won't be supported
anymore. FreeBSD 4.2 comes with XFree86 3.3 built-in, and 4.0 in the
ports collection.

- While your board is not supported, the basic video modes will work
with the standard SVGA driver.

HTH
-Christoph Sold