Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2001 11:54:13 -0500
From:      Andrew Arensburger <arensb@cfar.umd.edu>
To:        david@banning.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where are function keys assigned?

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001 01:55:52 EST, David Banning wrote:
> I notice that the function key values are different on
> the syscon screen than they are in X.
>
> Where are they set. Someone mentioned the keymap files /setup but that does n
>> ot seem to lead me to
> the function keys.

	I like my keys laid out just so, so what I usually do is to
make a new keymap file in /usr/share/syscons/keymaps (by copying and
modifying an existing keymap), then setting it in /etc/rc.conf:
keymap="/usr/share/syscons/keymap/mykeymap.kbd"

	Under X, your best bet would be to build the 'xkeycaps' port,
and use that to generate a file that can be fed to 'xmodmap'.

--
Andrew Arensburger, Systems guy		Center for Automation Research
arensb@cfar.umd.edu			University of Maryland