Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:18:06 +0200
From:      Alex <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Webalizer undefined symbol problem

> Hello!

> To analyze the logs of my web server, I installed
> /usr/ports/www/webalizer, which got me webalizer-2.1.10_1 version of
> the port.

> The install goes without any problems, but attempts to run webalizer
> result in following message:

> heerold# webalizer -p -c /usr/local/etc/webalizer.my.conf
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libgd.so.2: Undefined symbol
> "jpeg_destroy"

> All the dependencies for webalizer seem to be installed:

> heerold# pkg_info | grep -E "jpeg|png|gd"
> gd-1.8.4_6          A graphics library for fast image creation
> jpeg-6b_1           IJG's jpeg compression utilities
> png-1.2.4           Library for manipulating PNG images

> What's up?
> --
> Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
> * War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.

Dear Toomas,

Do `find /usr/ports -name pkg-plist -exec grep -l "libgd*" \;` This
will find all ports that may got your file in there list. If one or
more port come along that you have installed on your system then
rebuild it. (Assuming you got portupgrade installed) `portupgrade -f
port` If this doesn't work do `find / -name "libgd*"`. If you find a
file named like libgd.so.number some where on you file system make a
link to it. Check if there is a libgd.so@ (ls -F) If so make a link to
this file (it will save you trouble when the number changes).

--
Best regards,
Alex

The FreeBSD handbook
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html

How to get the best results from FreeBSD-Questions
http://www.lemis.com/questions.html