Date:      Sun, 07 Feb 1999 12:39:04 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make world gottcha...

Any clues to this one ?

>>> Making make
mkdir -p /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/make
[...]
cc -O -pipe -I/usr/src/usr.bin/make   -I/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include  -stati
c -o make arch.o buf.o compat.o cond.o dir.o for.o hash.o job.o main.o make.o pa
rse.o str.o suff.o targ.o var.o util.o lstAppend.o lstAtEnd.o lstAtFront.o lstCl
ose.o lstConcat.o lstDatum.o lstDeQueue.o lstDestroy.o lstDupl.o lstEnQueue.o ls
tFind.o lstFindFrom.o lstFirst.o lstForEach.o lstForEachFrom.o lstInit.o lstInse
rt.o lstIsAtEnd.o lstIsEmpty.o lstLast.o lstMember.o lstNext.o lstOpen.o lstRemo
ve.o lstReplace.o lstSucc.o
install -c -s -o root -g wheel -m 555   make /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp
install: /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/make: Is a directory

FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!