Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 1996 19:38:03 -0400
From:      Anil John <ajohn@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
To:        "'Hr.Ladavac'" <lada@ws2301.gud.siemens.co.at>
Cc:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Missing File - libc.s0.3.0 - help!

Hr.Ladavac[SMTP:lada@ws2301.gud.siemens.co.at] wrote:

   >> fvwm: can't open display...
   >
   >setting DISPLAY environment variable to :0. somewhere in the script
   >prior to starting fvwm might help :)
   >
   >I believe it belongs into xsession script (if you use xdm) or .xinitrc
   >if you use startx/xstart scripts.

I am new to UNIX so please bear with me...  I have no problems with running
xdm or startx. The 'twm' window manager comes up just fine.

My question is how do you make xdm or startx start the 'fvwm' window
manager and in which directory can I find the xsession script?  Also what
is the proper way of setting the DISPLAY enviornment variable?

Anil