Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 14:03:02 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Scott Hess <scott@avantgo.com>
Cc:        OCtane <zhaoc@escape.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Creating and burning ufs images on CD-Roms?

Normally CD-RW disks are not recorded in UFS, but in a new standard
format, UDF. As far as I know, UDF is not yet supported under F-BSD,
although I know someone is trying to get it done.

The spec for UDF explains why most existing file systems are not
suitable for use with CD-RW which enforces restrictions on how data
may be written. You can also find this information at the Adaptec web
site.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)