Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2000 09:28:18 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Sconiers <jrs@enteract.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linksys ether fast card...working??(how about netgear 410)

> > I have a linksys  Etherfast 10/100 PC CARD which I'm trying to get
> > working on a Thinkpad 600E. I've heard this card works
> > but I think I'm missing  something.  I've compile in PCMCIA support.
> > Using the pccard.conf.sample I've placed the example and variations of the
> > example in my pccard.conf file.  On boot I get this:
> > pccardd[49]; No card in database for "Linksys"("EtherFast 10/100 PC CARD
> > (PCMPPC100")
> John,
> 	two things, you didnt mention what version of FreeBSD you are
> using.  Support for the Linksys  Etherfast 10/100 PC CARD was added to
> current (soon to be 4.0).  and second, it sounds like your pccard.conf
> entry is missing (is this a sign that you are running 3.x or have not
> used mergemaster to update your /etc directory?)
> #Linksys EtherFast 10/100 PC Card (PCMPC100)
> card "Linksys" "EtherFast 10/100 PC Card (PCM"
>         config  0x3 "ed0" ?
>         insert  echo Linksys Fast 100-BaseT inserted
>         insert  /etc/pccard_ether ed0
>         remove  echo Linksys Fast 100-BaseT removed
>         remove  /sbin/ifconfig ed0 delete

Sorry for not giving these details.  This is a fresh -current install from
a 1-5-00 snap.  I've tried the above as well as using the full name,
the config for PAO and what pccardc dumpcis | grep Linksys gives me.  I
keep getting the same message "no card in database...".  The link lights
get turned on but I still get the messages.  any ideas??  Does the netgear
FA410TXC work any better??  I really think I am doing something wrong
however somone suggested that I get this card.....

JOHN