Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 20:43:20 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   su problem with freebsd 2.2.7-stable

Hi.

I've noticed a very strange problem with the "su" command on
my PC, running 2.2.7-stable from Aug 1 (this problem is recent).

Every time I run su (and I have normally never had a problem),
the process just starts to grow, and around roughly 10Mb's
of resident memory, seg faults. I've rebuilt su from the source
tree, but it appears that the command is fine.

Any ideas, or debugging that I can do ? It doesn't create a core
file, which is a bit limiting.

Aug 13 20:40:46 chain /kernel: pid 19854 (su), uid 0: exited on signal 11

---
Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@iafrica.com ; khetan@os.org.za
http://www.os.org.za/~khetan  * Talk/Finger khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za
UUNET Internet Africa Support * FreeBSD enthusiast-www2.za.freebsd.org
FreeBSD: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware