Date:      18 Nov 2000 20:56:12 +0100
From:      Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
To:        Gilbert Fernandes <gilbert.fernandes@wanadoo.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [ press ] We are preparing an issue about FreeBSD 4.1.1

    Gilbert> Hello, I work for the french magazine called Login and we are
    Gilbert> preparing the january issue. It will be dedicated to FreeBSD
    Gilbert> 4.1.1 : we will distribute the latest ISO and a large part of
    Gilbert> the magazine will be dedicated to installing FreeBSD.  Since
    Gilbert> we aim some people that are novice users, we will explain them
    Gilbert> how to use FIPS to make some spare space if they're using
    Gilbert> Windows, and then do a step-by-step installation with
    Gilbert> screenshots of FreeBSD.
Great, french computer magazines are too linux centric to my taste these
days :).

But as 4.2 will be released on November 20, it would be better IMHO
to focus on 4.2.

It would be nice if the 01/01 issue contained some popular packages or
the ports collection & some popular tarballs. (X in first place and, well
think about Gnome or Kde, I can't stand them, but many people are lost
without nowadays ;).

Given that Login is distributed in France, what about posting on :
mailto:freebsd-questions@freebsd-fr.org

Don't forget to mention the French Documentation Project located at :
http://www.FreeBSD-fr.org

Bon courage, et vivement Janvier.

A+

Eric Masson
--
Progress (n) : What led from smart users in front of dumb terminals to
dumb users in front of smart terminals.