Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 22:33:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        JJ Behrens <jj@nttmcl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, rob@pythonemproject.com
Subject:   Re: Re: Re: Can Sysinstall now deal with 2 FBSD partitions?

On Mon, 20 May 2002, JJ Behrens wrote:

> > First slice on the drive is Win2K. My first FBSD slice has ad0s2a /, ad0s2b swap, ad0s2d /var ad0s2e /tmp ad0s2f /home and ad0s2g /usr  (I'm doing this from memory since I'm at work)
> >
> > In sysinstall, I created a new slice and made the exact same partitions,
only they were ad0s3*.  I assigned all the mount points.
I left the original ad0s2 mount points as "*".  Then I
used the developer release CD as the installation medium.

Then? After you created the mountpoints?  It sounds like you're running
sysinstall from your installed system instead of booting the installation
CD.  If you boot the installation CD, you can make the mountpoint during
the process.

I have run sysinstall from a booted system and done an installation, and
it always overwrites the existing installation.

> > And to my surprise, when I booted up, I had -current on ad0s2, and ad0s3 did not exist.
> >
> > Maybe I will try this again, but I am kind of wary.

Since you now have -current on there, and haven't done much with it,
why not try installing -stable or whatever you've got an install CD
for on slice 3?

	Annelise

--
Annelise Anderson
Author of: 		 FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC