Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 14:12:55 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Blake Swensen <blake@pyramus.com>, Walter Brameld <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Upgrading from 2.1.3-RELEASE

Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> * Blake Swensen <blake@pyramus.com> [000325 12:49] wrote:
> > I am about to upgrade from 2.1.6-RELEASE to 3.2-RELEASE.  Are there any
> > "gotcha's" that I should know about?

	Yes, if you are planning a source upgrade it won't work. You should back
up all of your important data and plan to do a clean install.

> 3.2 is _really old_ and has bugs as well as a vulnerable bind and
> procfs, I'd upgrade to 3.4-stable or even 4.0-stable.

	Agreed. You'll probably want to go with 4.0 if you are the kind of person
who doesn't like to upgrade often.

Doug
--
    "So, the cows were part of a dream that dreamed itself into
existence? Is that possible?" asked the student incredulously.