Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:50:44 -0600
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   configuring xl device

Greetings,
I have a box with 5.1-release on it.  I had it configured and connected to
my lan.  The
connection was to a switch.  ifconfig -a showed it as autosense.  All was
well with the
world.  Relocated this box to another building (same lan).  It is connected
to a 10/100
hub.  Connected it and no joy.  Wouldn't talk over the network.  Double
checked everything.
Then I thought maybe autosense wasn't working so well.  Manually configured
it
ifconfig xl0 192.168.1.73 netmask 255.255.255.0 media 100basetx mediaopt
half-duplex.

That didn't help.  Double checked the hub and the port was enabled.
Replaced the drop
cable.  Nope.  Not gonna go.  Get a no route to host.

I would appreciate ideas here.

-Darryl