Date:      Tue, 04 Aug 1998 14:31:39 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More on the crashes

At 03:50 PM 8/4/98 -0400, Thomas David Rivers wrote:

> Yes - I've seen it (along with someone else.)  I saw it with the
>upgrade from 2.2.5 to 2.2.6.  [Did you see it at 2.2.6?]

None of our machines are running 2.2.6. But the problem is
easily reproducible under 2.2.7. All I have to do is try
to do a backup in the manner described. Of course, that's
a pretty nasty way to have it fail, as it means that our
backup mechanism is shot. And you might remember that this
was an upgrade due to a security breach.... We need the
backups in case someone breaks in again.

> I've already sent a PR for this; it's kern/7367.
>
> I've taken the liberty of adding this reply to that PR entry... You
>may want to look at that entry for other comments/descriptions.

Sounds good. Please let me know if there's something I can do to
help track down the cause. I need a 2.2.7.x that's reliable!

--Brett