Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 11:16:14 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        se@freebsd.org (Stefan Esser)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, stesin@gu.net, bob@luke.pmr.com, matt@3am-software.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does SMC9332BDT work in 2.2.2R??

> Why should that cause ANY problems
> for a bus-master card in slot 5 ???

> > | It has to do with PCI interrupt sharing.
                        *********************

This was broken in SMP, and seems to have been broken in general
on integration of SMP into the main line source tree.

In addition, the card itself might object to interrupt sharing.

Finally, does the video card claim a vertical retrace interrupt?
If not, does it do one anyway?  If so, the way the poll does not
happen to detect the card responsible on a shared interrupt with
a single attach can also be a problem.

I realize that the explanations other than the first one rely
on bogus PCI card hardware.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---