Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2000 15:47:58 +1030
From:      "James" <smokey@adl.ussr.net>
To:        "Freebsd Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   help with apache, and public_html directory

Howdy,

I'm new to bsd, and have just muddled through the installation of apache on
my machine here at home (its a 2.2.6 build, mostly set up by a friend), and
I would like to enable friends to view web pages on my machine - but I have
no idea how to set the directories so that they can be viewed....

Can someone tell me how to do this? - what are the default permissions to
allow something to be viewed? - do I need a . file of some sort so that
people can browse it or something? :-)

Every attempt I've had so far has come across some form of 'you do not have
permission' message.....

Any and all help would be gratefully recieved :-)

regards

james