Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:51:08 +1000 (E. Australia Standard Time)
From:      Doug Young <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   nat -enable / NATD configuration issue

Is it possible to have some form of NAT running on a dialout ppp interface
so it ONLY affects traffic coming & going via a dialin ppp interface &
NOT traffic to / from the LAN ??

I've been trying to use the default NAT in user-ppp to do this but seems
it insists on NATting all traffic, with the result that LAN machines with
public IP's can't get to the internet.

As I understand it, NAT must be running on the external ppp interface in
order to work at all, but then how does one segregate traffic to be left
with its "real" IP from that which has to be translated ??