Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 08:13:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>
To:        Anton Angelo <anton@mojo.org>
Cc:        Sean Harding <sharding@oregon.uoregon.edu>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbies list [was: partition spanning multiple drives]

Interesting....I'm running Slackware (version 3.4) Linux as we speak and I
like it.  It's a bit hard to manage, but its fun.  I've only been using
Linux for about 6 months. So far I have learned alot but I know that I
have tons more to learn.  And the learning curve is steep for not matter
what Unix distribution you use (I believe).  Although, I'd like to be more
versatile and be able to work with any freenix (like FreeBSD, or Linux, or
whatever).  The one thing about Linux that I do like is the support,
there's tons of it (magazines, books, user groups, etc).

You've said that FreeBSD is more unstable....hmmmm....I've heard
otherwise.  I've heard that FreeBSD is more stable than Linux.  But I
guess that's a religous debate (maybe).  I guess it's sort of along the
lines on FreeBSD is better than Linux, or vise versa.  The way I see it is
that user have to keep an open mind and just use what the feel comfortable
with.

Well, I'm pretty much rambling on here. I just got out of work and I'm
pretty tired.  Hell, I dDon't really know if there was a
point to my message.  Anyways basically, I'm just an open minded guy that
likes messing with other OS's.  I'm interested in learning more about Unix
System Administration and stuff like that.  Maybe even some hacking. >=)
But I know that Unix systems are quite versatile and have many uses and I
want to know about them.

One more thing.  One thing I've been noticing is that alot of people bash
Microsoft because they have monopoly or some crap.  You know, one reason
why I'm even interested in FreeBSD is because I want to stray away a bit
from Linux because they seem to be monopolizing the free-unix gig with all
their books and magazines and stuff.  Let's try to unite as FreeBSD users
to influence more media and faster development of FreeBSD.  So that we
newbies can get the cool books, and magazines, and local user groups, etc.
Hell, I'm interested in joining a FreeBSD user group.  I wonder if there
is one in my area. :/ hmmmm  Anyways, I'm outtie.  Thanks for listening.
Like Sue said, this is a place to chat, right?

Joey Bear Garcia

Joseph Garcia
Downey, CA
bear@pacificnet.net
"Dont drink and drive, you might spill the beer."