Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:46:25 -0600
From:      Charles Jensen <c.jensen1@shaw.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Java only runs locally?

New to the FreeBSD mailing list, so please excuse me if I've goofed
something up :)

I'm running FreeBSD 4.7, KDE 3.1 with Mozilla 1.2.1.  Using JDK 1.3.1 I can
run all the demo Java scripts(locally) installed.  When attempting to run
Java on the Internet (using Mozilla, or Konqueror) I keep getting 'Applet
not started' errors.  I'm not running a proxy, although I am behind a
Linksys router.  I've tried man paging and googling but have not been able
to resolve this issue.  I'm thinking it's either a permission(s) issue or
Java config problem, but have run out of ideas on where to look.
Thoughts,
ideas or points in the right direction are welcome.

Thanks!