Date:      Sun, 1 Dec 2002 22:52:48 -0800
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@mooseriver.com>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Getting linux-sun-jdk1.4.1 to work

Last week I had a problem with getting linux-sun-jdk1.4.1 to work on
FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE. After poking around, at the suggestion of <someone>,
sorry just can't find his name, I found that under FreeBSD 4.7 with
linux_base 7.1 installed I could only run the java binaries as root. As
myself I got an error. But with linux_base 6.1 installed I could run the
java binaries as myself. Very weird.

I've submitted a PR but this is a work around until someone figures out
what is the problem with linux_base 7.1 or Java 1.4 for FreeBSD is real.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a | FreeBSD 4.7
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | www.bafug.org