Date:      Tue, 21 May 1996 07:24:13 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: Congrats on CURRENT 5/1 SNAP...

As Gary Palmer wrote:

> I must admit I will not argue if you move csh from /bin. I don't see
> much use for it myself.

I heavily object. :)

It's the default shell for BSD's, and many of us are used to use it.
More importantly, it's a nice to have ``recovery shell'' for single-
user operation in case you've blown your /stand, and the /bin/sh copy
is damaged.  (Remember, single-user now asks for which shell to use.)
Even for a no-csh-weenie, it should be enough to pick the /bin/sh copy
from the backup tape.

--
cheers, J"org