Date:      Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:44:44 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>, Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any success with CirrusLogic 6729/6730???

Ted Faber wrote:

> There's a kld version of the pcic code, right?  Can we use that to our

It seems it doesn't work though. Even though there were reports of
it been succesfully used.

> <bizarre idea>
>
> boot
> set sysctl variables
> load the kld
>
> We could then set up 2 variables, current unit number and current io
> port.  The on load the kld reads the variables, sets its unit number
> and io port appropraitely and starts up.  The sequence for multiple
> pcics then looks like
>
> boot
> set sysctls for 1st controller
> load 1st controller
> set sysctls for 2nd controller
> load 2nd controller
>
> etc.

Looks terrible to me. :-)

I rather have it done through loader:

loader kernel
load pcic irq=NN io=NNNN ...
load pcic irq=NN io=NNNN ...

But, then again, I work with loader, so I'm biased... :-)

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"nothing better than the ability to perform cunning linguistics"