Date:      Sun, 9 Jan 2000 15:28:04 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@hades.hell.gr>
To:        "Chris Cason work\"" <casonc@netplex.aussie.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Port scans and site theft from IP inside mr.net

On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 01:19:17AM +1100, Chris Cason work" wrote:

> Thanks all for your assistance. We've been able to confirm that the
> telnet prompt that the box gives is from Netware (I never expected to
> see someone port-scanning and site-sucking from a netware box). And
> no-one can see the HTTP server anymore, so I presume he's taken that
> down.

I still can't get a connection to the HTTP server in question, after
more than 2 days have passed.  It seems that it has been taken down for
some time.  Nevertheless, nothing can inhibit the Joen Doe who did it
to put the site back online shortly after.

> Oh, and apologies for posting earlier on using a winblows character
> set ; I was at work at the time and I'm a bit unfamiliar with Outlook
> Express :(

Oh well... it seemed one of the most elegantly formatted Outlook
postings that I've ever seen.  Good wrapping, clearly separated
paragraphs, I didn't even notice that the headers contained Outlook :)

Ciao

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]