Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:30:36 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        Rob Hulme <rob@robhulme.com>
Cc:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Server synch

--+Z7/5fzWRHDJ0o7Q

* Rob Hulme <rob@robhulme.com> [20010622 11:41]: writing on the subject 'Re=
: Server synch'
Rob> Ooopss
Rob>=20
Rob> Sorry, I forgot to mention that the old server has an IDE harddrive, w=
hereas
Rob> the new PowerEdge has SCSI drives (I also don't have a SCSI card to pu=
t in
Rob> the old server - although that is possible if its the only solution).

Can the new server take an IDE drive? From my explanation of things, you
could boot the new server off the IDE disk from the old server, suppose
IDE is acceptable. Then just change the device names appropriately.

NB:OT: Your signatures!!!

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world o=
f=20
sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed,=
 it=20
has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all tho=
se=20
others that have been tried from time to time.=20
-Winston Churchill=20
(contributed by Chris Johnston)=20

--+Z7/5fzWRHDJ0o7Q

--+Z7/5fzWRHDJ0o7Q--