Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:50:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/57531: Fix port: net/nicotine Makefile missing/broken RUN_DEPENDS

The following reply was made to PR ports/57531; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To: Stefan Walter <sw@gegenunendlich.de>
Cc: Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 18:46:38 +0300

 On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 05:31:12PM +0200, Stefan Walter wrote:
 > Peter Pentchev, 03.10.03, 16:29h CEST:
 >=20
 > > Stefan, could you test the attached patch?  If it works for you,
 > > I can commit it in a minute.
 >=20
 > It looks like I was wrong (my fault, I only did superficial testing
 > because I was too sure that it would work) - it doesn't work with
 > LIB_DEPENDS, as the output of 'ldconfig -r' doesn't contain the vorbis
 > libraries in ${PYTHON_SITELIBDIR} (or any other libraries there). I
 > guess that's the reason why RUN_DEPENDS was used in the first place.

 Yeah, I had a thought like this lurking at the back of my mind when I
 originally read Jens's suggestion for LIB_DEPENDS; okay, we'll leave it
 as RUN_DEPENDS then.

 Thanks for your work on this!

 G'luck,
 Peter

 --=20
 Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@sbnd.net    roam@FreeBSD.org
 If this sentence didn't exist, somebody would have invented it.