Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:28:15 -0400
From:      Paul <soup@world.std.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        soup@world.std.com
Subject:   snort on nokia

hi all,

i am interested in running snort on a nokia box that we have. i
went and purchase the freebsd 4.4 and complied snort (www.snort.org).
unfortunately my first attempt revealed that my binary was the wrong
architecture. i suspect that the nokia (running IPSO a freebsd variant)
expects the binary to be a.out rather than LSB format. my next attempt
was to build a gcc cross complier for i386-aout or some other machine
that will build binaries to run on the nokia but it seems to get
complicated quick.

does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks
/pc