Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2002 18:56:34 -0800
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, "P.A.Osborne" <P.A.Osborne@ukc.ac.uk>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ThinkPad R31 - Lucent windmodem woes....

--==_Exmh_1667885680P

> I believe IBM is now using the ICH3 chipset which includes the Agre
> (nee Lucent) AC'97 WinModem. This is a different beast from the older
> Lucent WinModems and, unless something has recently changed, it is not
> supported under FreeBSD with the ltmdm port.

Yup, what he said...

> FWIW, under Windows, the new modem is vastly superior to my older
> internal modem on my 600E.

Huh? I was under the impression that all the 600E's had an mWave[0]
part? Or was that just some of them?

(Model identification is all very well, until the spec varies wildly
over the production run, doncha think?)

Cheers,

AS

[0] I know a little about the mWave. I made the mistake of buying an ISA
ISDN version...

--==_Exmh_1667885680P

--==_Exmh_1667885680P--